Monday, March 5, 2012

Third time's the Charm

So here's one that I painted a few weeks ago when I didn't post much. It was a gift and hence a surprise and the not wanting to post a picture. There's a lot of symbolism in this one. It's a personal piece for someone very special in my life. 

On a technical note - this is the third version of this painting. The first two attempts just weren't good enough. I was painting from photos and for this one I went out and bought some flowers. I have new found respect for the florist who arranges flowers - I had a heck of a time trying to get my composition right and even then I probably could have played around wtih it for another hour. And after all of that I learn just how much flowers like to move! Not very cooperative models! They wouldn't even sign a model release form - something about no thumbs.

No comments: